Program Educational Objectives (PEOS)
On successful completion of under graduation in Civil Engineering, the graduates are expected to attain the following program educational objectives.
- Employ a practicing civil engineer in construction, design, testing, and allied fields.
- Engaging in self-directed learning research or undertaking higher studies in the rapidly changing civil engineering environment.
- Create new methods/processes to meet the needs of society with their civil engineering knowledge.
- Create themselves as ethical and responsible professionals with good communication skills and demonstrate leadership skills.
Programme Outcome’s (PO’S)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and inmultidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcome’s (PSO’S)
- Analyze, design and execute the civil engineering structures with good knowledge in engineering, mathematics & basic sciences
- Survey, map, plan & layout of infrastructures viz. canals, roads, etc. and apply knowledge of environmental & geotechnical engineering
- Acquire knowledge of various techniques, skills and engineering tools required for civil engineering structures including all types of buildings, irrigation structures, highways, railways, docks & harbors etc.